what are varicose and spider veins?
Spider veins are clusters of tiny blood vessels that develop close to the surface of the skin; Varicose veins on the other hand, are large, raised and swollen veins.
These veins can be either red, blue, or purple, commonly found on the face or legs, due to the pressure of body weight, force of gravity, and the task of carrying blood from the bottom of the body up to the heart.
They affect up to 50% of the adult population.
what is the cause?
- Old age may weaken the valves in the veins
- Medical history from family hereditary
- Hormonal changes which occur during puberty, pregnancy, or menopause. Taking birth control pills and other medicines containing oestrogen and progesterone
- Pregnancy will increase the amount of blood in the body, causing veins to enlarge
- Obesity puts extra pressure on the veins
- Lack of movement
- Sitting or standing for Prolonged time frames or sitting with your legs crossed
- Sun exposure causes spider veins on the cheeks or nose of a fair-skinned person
how can you prevent varicose and spider veins?
- Exercise regularly
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Maintain a healthy diet
- Avoid prolonged sitting or standing
- Avoid crossing your legs while seated
- Elevate your legs when resting
- Avoid wearing tight-fitting clothing around your waist, groin and legs
what other conditions does thermavein treat?
- Spider veins
- Thread veins
- Nose Veins
- Facial redness
- Skin Tag
- Spider nevus
- Instant results
- Low Cost, High Returns
- No known side effects
how does the treatmnt work?
The process is extremely accurate, as it delivers a micro-current of heat, through a tiny needle, (compared to the size of a pin’s head or a grain of sand) which seals the walls of the veins causing them to permanently disappear. Once the vein is closed off, blood can no longer flow through it, which means that it cannot be seen underneath the surface of the skin.
is it painful?
We are unable to classify the treatment as pain-free, as different individuals have varying pain tolerance levels. It has been compared to a pinching sensation or having a hair plucked. Any sensation felt during treatment will subside as soon as the treatment ends and you can go back to your daily events
how long does the treatment take?
A typical treatment should take no more than 15 minutes. The treatment is very visual and you will notice the veins disappear as they are touched with the pen, which will lead you to say; WOW!
can the veins return?
The veins treated are eliminated for good but over the years, other veins can develop because there is no cure for weak vein valves
how many treatments will i need?
Mostly one session, it depends on the extent of your condition. It would be unusual to require more than 3 sessions on the same area, as the treatment is very successful.
who is it not suitable for?
- After a spray / self-tan application
We would simply recommend applying any calming gel to the area treated