WHAT IS MICRO-BLADING?
So you might have heard a friend talk about or mention microblading.
And you are curious. What is it? Is it effective? Can I try it too? Where can I try it? How much does microbladding cost?
Take it easy. You are at right place. I will answer all your questions will be answered.
I will start with most obvious one.
What is microblading?
Microblading is a semi-permanent makeup procedure. It is whereby hair like incision strokes are created along the eyebrow. This is done to attempt to either enhance, reshape or create a natural looking appearance on the brows.
The pigment is bladed to the upper level of the skin. Not as deep as a normal tattoo though. Therefore, the results are semi-permanent. They last between 1-2 years depending on your skin, and how well you take care of them.
Quite clear right? Microblading eyebrows is a beauty treatment to give you, naturally looking amazing eyebrows.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Now that you have understood what it is, how does it work? Well, it is not that complicated really. It only requires a specialist. The entire procedure takes around 1.5 hours.
The therapist maps an outline of your brow. Once you are satisfied with the shape she begins the procedure.
Numbing cream is applied over the area. For faster penetration, it is covered with a plastic.
The nanoblade (the tool that is used for the procedure), is then dipped into a pigment. This pigment is matched to your natural hair color and skin tone.
This is done to ensure that there is uniformity between the bladed area, your skin, and the eyebrows. The nanoblade is then glided along your brow, penetrating the upper skin.
The pigment is deposited simultaneously with the creation of the hair like stroke. This leaves a feathered outline.
And, just like that the microbladding process is done!
Below are microblading images before and after treatment.
6 Pre – microblading treatment recommendations in 2019.
Say you have decided to try out microblading eyebrows to give you that lasting natural sexy eyebrows look. What should you do before undergoing the treatment? Well, below we have compiled some recommendations you have to follow for the treatment to be effective.
- Do not wax or tint 3 days prior to the procedure. We do not want anything interfering with the process right?
- A month prior, avoid Botox and fillers, fruit or milk acids, laser treatments, chemical peelings or exposure to strong sunlight. This greatly affects the effectiveness of the treatment.
- On the day of the treatment avoid consuming coffee and any form of exercise.
- Do not drink alcohol 24 hours before your session. Save that for later, when you rock the bar with your new look. It’s guaranteed every pair of eyes would be on you.
- Do not take Aspirin or Ibuprofen. These thin the blood and may cause excessive bleeding. We do not want that.
- One week before, stop taking vitamin E, B6, omega 3, gingko biloba and St. John’s worth. They contribute to thinning the blood and may affect how well the anesthetic works
Is micro blading Pain-free?
We understand your concern. You might be worried if it is going to be painful. Worry not! Most of our clients report little or no pain. In fact, some clients literally fall asleep during the treatment! We apply a topical anesthetic before we begin the process. This topical anesthetic leaves most clients totally numb during the procedure.
How many treatments and how often?
What about the frequency of the treatment? Well, first understand this. Getting your brows microblading is a two step process:
- After the initial treatment we book a refinement session for 4-6 weeks. Your brows will be reviewed. Any spots that may have faded will be filled and brows will be given an overall perfecting touch. The refinement session is for ensuring that the treatment is working effectively.
- How long does Microblading last? After refinement session microblading should last you 12-18 depending on skin type and correct after care. Only after then, can you book another treatment. This period ensures Microblading healing.
Who should try microbladding?
Anyone wanting to improve and enhance the look and shape of their eyebrows. Your friends, relatives and work colleagues can try this treatment too. Who doesn’t want to look awesome?
Who is it not suitable for?
The derma pIn as much as we want everyone to look good, there are some precautions to be noted.
Below is a list of 9 groups of people whom we recommend not to try the microblading eyebrows treatment:
- Those prone to keloids or post-inflammatory hypopigmentation.
- People with transmittable blood disease such as HIV or Hepatitis.
- Individuals who recently had fillers in that area.
- Patients undergoing chemotherapy
- Anyone with a skin condition on or near your eyebrows. This can be eczema, shingles, rashes, or Oily skin.
- Pre-existing eyebrow tattoo or permanent makeup. The tattoo or permanent makeup must be light enough to draw hair strokes.
- Allergies to alcohol or numbing agents.
- Anyone under the age of 18.
- Anyone suffering from stage 3 diabetes.
Microblading after care/ 6 post microblading treatment recommendations.
What should you do after having went through the treatment?
To make sure the treatment works effectively, we make the following 6 recommendations.
- 30 minutes after procedure, apply a thin layer of Bepanthen. Alternatively, our amazing ‘healing salve’ works wonders. Repeat 35 times a day (NB: Please note that if lymph is left to dry it will peel off the pigment).
- Let scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate away. Picking may cause scarring or loss of color.
- Avoid laser treatments over the treated area (fraxel, laser, IPL). They can destroy the pigments and cause burns.
- The use of antibiotics and hormonal therapy can lead to a faster fade.
- Always protect your eyebrows from the sun with SPF (NB: not during the first 10 days though).
- In the first week days, avoid all types of healing creams and makeup, especially foundation.
What is the Microblading cost in 2019?
One of your concerns might be, what is the Microblading price in 2019? Well our treatment cost is affordable. First treatment costs R1800. The follow up costs half of that, which is R900.
Is there microblading near me?
If you mean microblading in Johannesburg, yes there is. We are located at 59 Grant Ave, Norwood, Johannesburg, 2192