Microblading is a semi-permanent makeup procedure whereby hair like incision strokes are created along the eyebrow to attempt to either enhance, reshape or create a natural looking appearance on the brows.
The pigment is bladed to the upper level of the skin, not as deep as a normal tattoo, therefore the results are semi-permanent, lasting between 1-2 years depending on your skin, and how well you take care of them.
how does it work?
The entire procedure takes around 1.5 hours.
The therapist maps an outline of your brow, and once you are satisfied with the shape she will begin the procedure.
Numbing cream is applied and covered with plastic for faster penetration.
The nanoblade (the tool that is used for the procedure), is then dipped into a pigment that has been matched to your natural hair color and skin tone, and is then glided along your brow, penetrating the upper skin, the pigment is deposited simultaneously with the creation of the hair like stroke leaving a feathered outline.
- Do not wax or tint 3 days prior to the procedure
- A month prior, avoid Botox and fillers, fruit or milk acids, laser treatments, chemical peelings or exposure to strong sunlight.
- Do not drink alcohol 24 hours before your session
- On the day of the treatment avoid consuming coffee and any form of exercise
- Do not take Aspirin or Ibuprofen as these also thin the blood and may cause excessive bleeding.
- One week before, stop taking vitamin E, B6, omega 3, gingko biloba and St. John’s wort as they contribute to thinning the blood and may affect how well the anesthetic works
Most of our clients report little or no pain, and some clients literally fall asleep during the treatment! We apply a topical anesthetic before we begin the process, so this leaves most clients totally numb during the procedure.
how many treatments and how often?
Getting your brows microblading is a twostep process:
After the initial treatment we book a refinement session for 4-6 weeks.
Your brows will be reviewed, any spots that may have faded will be filled and brows will be given and overall perfecting touch.
After refinement session microblading should last you 12-18 depending on skin type and correct after care.
who is this suitable for?
Anyone wanting to improve and enhance the look and shape of their eyebrows
who is it not suitable for?
- Prone to keloids or post-inflammatory hypopigmentation
- Transmittable blood disease such as HIV or Hepatitis
- Recently had fillers in that area
- Patients undergoing chemotherapy
- Skin condition on or near your eyebrows; eczema, shingles, rashes, Oily skin
- Pre-existing eyebrow tattoo or permanent makeup. The tattoo or permanent makeup must be light enough to draw hair strokes
- Allergies to alcohol or numbing agents
- Anyone under the age of 18
- Stage 3 diabetes
- 30 minutes after procedure, apply a thin layer of Bepanthen. or our amazing ‘healing salve’ Repeat 3-5 times a day (Please note that if lymph is left to dry it will peel off the pigment).
- Let scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate away. Picking may cause scarring or loss of color.
- Avoid laser treatments over the treated area (fraxel, laser, IPL) because they can destroy the pigments and cause burns.
- The use of antibiotics and hormonal therapy can lead to a faster fade.
- Always protect your eyebrows from the sun with SPF (not during the first 10 days).
- In the first week days, avoid all types of healing creams and makeup, especially foundation.
First treatment: R1800
Follow up R900